Before 12 January 2010 Haiti was a nation whose people had become deeply invovled and dependent on voodoo as a way of life. I am not completely sure of the percentages of the people who practiced voodoo, but from what I gather it was quite a large percentage. And I am sure Almighty God looking down from Heaven was not pleased with what He saw. God loves people and He loves the Haitian people and wants them to know Him. He wants them to stop giving their hearts and lives to other gods and just follow Him because Jesus is the only way, the only truth and the only life.But, as always, God works all things together for good. What may have been devastating, tragic, heart breaking, scary and destructive the Lord uses to restore, revive and heal. I am by no means saying the Haitian people deserved this but God still used it to bring revival to their land.
Numbers 7:14 says,
"If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
On February 12 2010, Haitian President Preval called his nation to 3 days of fasting and prayer. This event was attended by over 1 million Haitians in Port au Prince. He even cancelled the annual "Mardi-Gras" celebrations in order for the nation to fast and pray. Over 3,000 confirmed conversions and of these 101 of them were previously voodoo priests. God heard their humble cries and He is forgiving their sin and healing their land. Numbers 7:14 is happening in Haiti and it is a beautiful thing to behold. PRAISE THE LORD FOR THIS REVIVAL!!!!
Here is a video about the revival in Haiti: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vEntWb7AI
When I saw this video I was deeply moved and it more than anything made me deeply desire a revival in my own country, Zimbabwe. Oh that our government would cry out to the God to heal our land. God if You can bring revival to Haiti You certainly can bring a revival to Zimbabwe.
And I pray for a revival in the UK too. Two completely different countries and different strongholds but still in need of a revival for the same God! I pray for both governments, God pour out your Spirit on these countries... bring us to our knees.
"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." - Proverbs 21:1

No comments:
Post a Comment