Wednesday, 26 May 2010

April Update Continued...(A bit late, I know)

After Speakers' Week, I went straight home for my cousin's wedding reception. Him and His wife flew in from Canada on Friday afternoon just in time for the reception on the Saturday. The volcanic ash cloud had delayed their flight by 3 days but praise the Lord they made it!
The evening before the wedding was spent singing, praying and arranging all the last minute things. It was so much fun! The reception itself went very well; the food was amazing, the music was good and the fellowship was sweet! I saw some old friends I had gone to school with in Zimbabwe which was nice =)




I travelled back to York the following evening. On Monday I had organised an outreach to one of the local primary schools in the city. A group of 7 of us very excitedly went into the school! Josh introduced us, Aaron led us in singing "Our God is a Great Big God", Jamie and I did a variation of the "Choices" skit and Sara and Elaine did a presentation of the Gospel. All in all it was well received and 4 children raised their hands to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour! How precious. Please pray that they would remember that commitment and find a good church.

The following day, all of us girls went to Grey's Tea Rooms for some afternoon tea and scones. We were celebrating 3 of the girls' birthdays. What a delightful afternoon!
On Friday one of my dear friends from Austria, Bec, came to visit! A group of us went out to dinner at the Slug and Lettuce! Again a splendid evening enjoyed by all!
So all in all April went by quite quickly because there seemed to be a lot going on. Work was great all through April. I started establishing some friendship that weren't solely based on the fact that we worked together. I had opportunity to share with another young lady about the love of Jesus and that was such a privilege. Please pray that she would come to know Jesus as her personal Lord and Saviour.






1 comment:

betty said...

um you look amazing. i bet tea was so nice, i wish i could have been there! xxx