Sunday, 12 October 2008

Sickness...

I feel as though every possible emotion is flowing from me right now... I have a common cold or actually it could possibly be the flu because I do have several aches and pains. Being away from home and away from mom and not having her answer to my every need makes this cold even worse. I'm frustrated, anxious, confused, excited, fearful, fed-up, jealous... pretty much any emotion you can think of that is not from the Lord.
In my life, I've noticed that the Lord usually uses sickness to humble me and make me more vulnerable before Him and with other people. It forces me to be real even when I don't feel like it. But when I'm sick there's no pretending... when I'm sick, I'M SICK!
But at the same time because the enemy knows he can do a lot of damage to me when I'm sick, he tends to attack me more during those times of ailment. Paul says that we ought not to be ignorant of Satan's devices and I've come to recognise some of the devices he uses with me. I begin to think about my whole life and everything that pertains to it and in the process of that I get anxious about what the future holds, fed-up with my present situation and frustrated about my past. And none of these are attributes of God, so I know that it is spiritual attack so I pray that the Lord would give me the strength to fight the attacks of the enemy.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

Lord, may you make me to be like that tree, whose roots are so firmly grounded in You that nothing phases me. The storms may come and go but because I trust in my God He will keep me in perfect peace.

Please pray that the Lord would heal of this cold and that He would give me the strength to work tomorrow evening

No comments: