Saturday, 2 January 2010

"You crown the year with Your goodness..."




HAPPY NEW YEAR!




What a beautiful thing it is to be able to see one year end and another begin! Time could have just continued and we wouldn't have had days, months or years but God planned the days, months and years and I love them! I love that we wake up and experience a new day, with new opportunities, new challenges and new goals. At the end of each month most of us look forward to a pay check! And when the year rolls over it gives a chance to sit back and meditate on the events of the past year. The lessons learnt and the ones we refused to learn, the dreams that materialised and those that were shattered, the relationships that blossomed and those that fell apart, the things that we achieved and those we failed at, the ups and the downs, the surprises and the sorrows, the hopes and the heartache, the mountains and the molehills, the list could go on but you get the idea.

The coming of the new year is also an opportunity to purpose in our hearts who we are going to be in the new year. 2009 was a good year in many respects but also a hard year in many other respects and looking forward to 2010 I want to be able to handle the storms better. And I know where that begins. Jesus is in control of every storm in my life and He can calm it or allow me to pass through it. The secret thought is to stay near to Jesus. To abide in His wonderful presence, to hide myself in His awesome shadow, to rest in the palm of His mighty hand, to sit at His glorious feet, to kneel at His majestic throne and just simply know Him.

God has already crowned this year with His goodness so I pray that I would see His goodness in everything. And remember that, "Whatever my lot... it is well with my soul!"
God I dedicate this year to you. I give myself to you as a living sacrifice. I ask that you would transform me, mould me and make me into the woman you created me to be. Break what won't melt and change me from the inside out. Prepare me to face all the hurdles that lie ahead and may my faith grow stronger still.
And Lord may this be the year that you come back for us! Come Lord Jesus come! Bo Yeshua Bo!

No comments: