I just spent the evening at a friend's house and her and I and her kids made curry, watched the football game (Reading 1-1 Liverpool), watched the Hannah Montana movie, learnt how to do the dance in it, played the jelly bean game and stuffed ourselves silly with lots of sweets and chocolate! And all the while it was snowing outside! How pleasantly wonderful!
Lord Jesus, thank you so much for friends that make life so enjoyable! I see your great goodness in friendships! You could very well have created us without the capacity to enjoy each others company but out of Your love and goodness toward us, You gave us that capacity to enjoy each other! And in essence, what I'm really enjoying in my brothers and sisters is You, Jesus. It is no longer them that live but Christ who lives in them and in me so it's Your shared life that we enjoy with each other. You are the common bond between us and when we're enjoying You, we can enjoy each other! And as David put it in Psalm 133:1, "BEHOLD, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
Lord Jesus, thank you so much for friends that make life so enjoyable! I see your great goodness in friendships! You could very well have created us without the capacity to enjoy each others company but out of Your love and goodness toward us, You gave us that capacity to enjoy each other! And in essence, what I'm really enjoying in my brothers and sisters is You, Jesus. It is no longer them that live but Christ who lives in them and in me so it's Your shared life that we enjoy with each other. You are the common bond between us and when we're enjoying You, we can enjoy each other! And as David put it in Psalm 133:1, "BEHOLD, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
"...The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." Psalm 33:5
"...The goodness of God endures continually." Psalm 52:1
"...And My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, says the LORD." Jeremiah 31:14
Oh Jesus may I ever be satisfied in Your goodness; in knowing that You are always good.

No comments:
Post a Comment