Monday, 15 February 2010

Love

1 Corinthians 13:1-13
"If I could speak all the languages of earth & of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, & if I understood all of God's secret plans & possessed all knowledge, & if I had such faith that I could move mountains but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor & even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient & kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable & it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful & endures through every circumstance. Prophecy & speaking in unknown languages & special knowledge will become useless. BUT LOVE WILL LAST FOREVER."

But then God held the mirror up to me...

"Buhe is impatient and unkind. Buhe is jealous, boastful, proud and rude. She demands her own way. She is irritable and keeps a record of wrongs. She does not rejoice in injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Buhe gives up, she loses faith and hope and does not endure through every circumstance...Buhe fails...

By the grace of God, He helps me to see myself as I really am and He gives me the strength to become more and more like Him. So even though I cannot attain that level of love mentioned in those verses God works in me to become more and more like Him, the perfect fulfillment of those verses. When Love is Perfect it is Beautiful and when imperfect love is looking to Jesus as the example it becomes beautiful too. Praise Jesus for His example of perfect love!

This is a photo of me and my friend Hannah. We put together a little Valentine's Soiree for the students complete with a chocolate fountain and all! It was a wonderful evening enjoyed by all!

No comments: