Friday, 12 February 2010

The "much more" of my Heavenly Father

"Now if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Matthew 6:30


This is such a simple concept but how hard it is for me to completely grasp it with not only my mind but my heart too. I have a Heavenly Father who takes care of the grass of the field, the birds of the air and the lilies of the field but yet I seem to have difficulty believing that He will take care of me. Oswald Chambers said, "We have allowed the cares of the world to come in and have forgotten the 'much more' of our Heavenly Father.

Chambers goes on to say that the birds of the air have a single aim and that is to obey the principle of life that is in them and God looks after them. "Jesus says that if you are rightly related to Him and obey His Spirit that is in you, God will look after your 'feathers.'"
And look at the the lilies of the field, they simply grow where they are planted. "Many of us refuse to grow where we are put, consequently we take root nowhere." And many of us also despise the place where we have been planted and consequently prevent the work of sanctification from having its perfect way in us. Jesus isn't lying when He tells us to simply obey the life that God has given us and He will take care of all the other things. So why then do I find it so hard to trust in the 'much more' of my Heavenly Father?

I'm trusting God to provide for some major things in my life right now. My Jehovah Jireh, the provider of all my needs, has given me a promise in His Word:

"For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of Hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!" Psalm 84:11-12

And I stand firm on your Word, Lord. You know my needs better than I do; you even know what I need before I know I need it. I trust that You have good plans in store for me. I trust that your thoughts towards me are good. And God, I trust that You love me with an everlasting love and that You are working all things together for good.
So God, in the same way that you take care of the birds of the air and the grass of the field so I trust you to take care of me as I continue to live this life in obedience to You. Thank You for being my Heavenly Father and for taking good care of me.

I love you Lord.

No comments: