Friday, 24 October 2008

Oh what a wonderful week

Speakers' week this year was absolutely amazing! Words are not suffice to describe the beauty of the English countryside that our magnificent Lord has created. The rolling hills, the sheep, the fresh smelling air, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the clear night's sky littered with millions of stars, the marvelous trees filled with all kinds of berries, the mighty waterfalls, the quiet streams and creeks... oh the list is endless. There is something about being in the countryside that makes me realise the majesty and greatness of my Creator. He has put so much detail and creativity into creation... it's all so beyond my understanding or comprehension that a God so big and mighty would choose to have a personal, intimate relationship with me! But that is the beauty of grace! Oh what amazing grace we have been given. I'm so unworthy and undeserving of it but thankfully I know my Saviour who loves me enough to give me this unmerited favour.

We were blessed to have two wonderful speakers from Huntington Beach, California and one from Swansea, Wales. The messages they had were so exact and fitting for me that I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was speaking to me. One of the speakers taught on the book of Jonah which was absolutely amazing because it tied in with what the Lord was showing me personally about fear etc. Another speaker taught on the choices we have to make as Christians on a daily basis- it was very practical and enriching. The other speaker taught on Jesus washing of the disciples' feet and I had never heard it taught like that so it was really neat to hear it from that angle. He talked about how Jesus wants to wash our feet and cleanse us from all the filth we so quickly accumulate. It was such a beautiful picture of the cross and what He would do for the whole world. I could never do it justice in a few words but it was really good.
The Lord showed me so much, reminded me of so much, opened my heart to His wonders again, refreshed my spirit, enlarged my heart for lost people, placed desires in my heart for what comes after Bible College.
The biggest thing that God ministered to my heart in my personal devotional time there was about fear. There are so many things we fear nowadays and I personally have struggled with fears all my life. But enough is enough. It's only human to have fears but as Christians our fears need not immobilise us, we need to proceed in the face of our fears being confident in Him who has saved us and called us to be His children. I had been anxious and fearful of what I will do after I graduate from Bible College. And the Lord ministered this to my heart..."Quit fearing the future and learn to fear the one who holds the future." When I'm fearing the Lord, there is no room for any other fear. When I'm so full of the fear of the Lord, other petty fears have no room in my life. And He gave me Psalm 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid?"
So because the Lord is my light and salvation I have no reason to fear. He is the strength of my life I don't fear anyone or anything. And instead,
Psalm 112:1 "Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments." But then I asked the Lord well, how do I fear you then? And He gave me Psalm 34:11-14 which gives 4 specific ways in which I can fear the Lord:
1. Keep my tongue from evil
2. Keep my lips from speaking deceit
3. Depart from evil and do good
4. Seek peace and pursue it
So i just pray that the Lord would help me to keep what He has shown me close to my heart and practice it.
Praise the Lord for such a wonderful week which was filled with revelation, growth, failures, experiencing His grace, fellowship, fun walks, beautiful sunrises, magnificent views, awesome worship sessions, great messages from the Word, great conversations, blessed prayer times, great food and great people!

I am so blessed to know my God

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hey B. I'm so glad you started blogging! It's so encouraging!
I was given this today by someone and I thought I should pass it along: As you seek the Lord for what He has in store, remember these two things that will always lead to great gain in your life: GODLINESS and CONTENTMENT!

Cyndi said...

Hi Buhe - I'm Heather's mum.

I was told last night by the Lord: don't look around, look up!

It seems so simple, really. And just what I needed to hear. Perhaps you, too, could use that encouragement to go along with what you wrote.

God bless you as you seek His face!

Glaizerbeam said...

Buhe!!!
I am so excited to see that you are now blogging. That is awesome.

Jessy said...

Oh buhu!
I love you, good observations.
xxx

betty said...

hi. you should update. xxx