Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Spring 2010

I realise that I haven't posted an entry in quite a while and there is a very good reason for this... I have been so incredibly busy! And I love being busy - probably because it gets my mind off things and my focus off myself and onto other people.
The Spring semester started on Monday and we're off to a good start! The week leading up to the start of the semester was hectic to say the least. We were cleaning and organising all day everyday! But the job got done so all praise to Jesus who gives us the strength to do all these things.
And as is true to CCYBC... flat 5's old kitchen was ripped out 3 days before the students were due to arrive! A marvelous new kitchen was installed in record time(thanks to the guys for their long days and nights of work)! It looks superb now and I did a bit of decorating and rearranging of furniture and now the place looks like a dream! It's a cosy little flat and there's only 4 of us in it so I'm excited to see how the Lord brings us together! Hopefully I'll put some pictures up soon so you can see it.

Monday was Registration in the morning and then prep for the bbq. The food was lovely and I think the students were well blessed! Then in the afternoon we had orientation. I've never particularly thought anything of orientation until I became an intern and I actually had to share on some of the bits in the handbook. But it's always been on one of my favourite subjects... CLEANING!

Side Note: It was really neat how the Lord put it on several of our hearts over the break to come up with a system for housekeeping since there's never really been one. And God was so faithful to give us wisdom in coming up with one. I re-vamped the laundry room and put a couch in there as well so it looks a lot more like a cosy laundry room free from fridges, ice machines and other random things. The guys tidied the back storage area and I made some new signs for all the storage cupboards. It looks a lot more organised even though it's still not up to the highest standard it could be. But I guess with the whole building project everything will be changing soon anyway. And p.s. I'm super excited to see how the Lord provides for the new building...the plans look fantastic! God is doing a great work here and I'm so glad that I can be a part of it.

Anyway after orientation we had a dorm steward meeting just to outline the new housekeeping system and touch base. It's cool to see leadership making more contact with dorm stewards and I'm sure this will spur dorm stewards on to take more responsibility for their flats! We also had an interns meeting yesterday and that was good too for the same reason I guess. It's neat to have such a great team of staff here and just seeing their hearts for all the students is incredible.

I have also been meeting with a lovely young lady in the church once a week for a discipleship Bible study. The Lord had really put discipleship on my heart beginning of last year and I had been praying that He would open up an opportunity for me to be pouring out. Out of the blue one Sunday, this girl started telling me how she had a deep desire to grow more in her relationship with the Lord and be more grounded in His Word. So I prayed about it then suggested to her that we meet once a week to go through a Bible Study and pray together and she jumped right on it. I don't know why the Lord would choose to use me in this way but He did and I want to be faithful in it. My mom says that you need a Paul in your life to pour into you and you need a Timothy in your life who you can pour out into. And at this moment in my life I am so blessed to say I have a both a Paul and a Timothy in my life and I guess that means I'm both a Paul and a Timothy!
Sometimes I don't feel like doing it and that's when the Lord reminds me how He always takes time to be with me whenever I want - how amazing is that?! We sometimes meet and have coffee or she'll come over and I'll cook us a meal but either way it's always such a sweet time of fellowship. Her heart is so tender to the Lord but she often feels disconnected and that's probably because of compromise in her life but she knows that. I've learnt so much about the Lord, about myself and about her from going through this study and I love how the Lord has just knitted our hearts together. There's something so sweet about a cup of tea/coffee and a Bible Study with a friend... it just warms my soul.

Anyway, I'm excited for this semester because I know the Lord is going to teach me a bunch of new things and take my heart on new journeys to places I've never been before. And I know there will be hard times; times when my heart may hurt in places it's never hurt before, times where I'll feel like giving up, times where it'll seem like God's forsaken me but in all those things I just pray that the Lord would teach me how to soar above the storms of life and allow Him to carry me in the palm of His hand.

How you can pray:

- New students would settle in and make the most of their time here
- I would keep my eyes on Jesus and not my circumstances
- More opportunities to share my faith
- Success of the new housekeeping system
- The Lord's provision for the new church building
- Unity amongst the interns
- Continued addition to the church

And as the theme of the semester is: "that you may be filled with the fullness of God" I pray that we all would be filled with His fullness as we continue to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. (Ephesians 3:19)

In His Hands,

Buhe

2 comments:

tif said...

BUHE! Wonderful update! I love hearing about all the things the Lord is doing in York and in your life...so cool! I wish there was a couch in the laundry room my semester...brr...I still can feel how cold it was carrying all the tea towels back to the flat to fold...I have fond memories of the laundry room though! Discipleship- that's so cool Buhe! I'm excited for you and how the Lord is going to use you. I feel like one of the things the Lord has pressed on me is having a woman mentor to go to when I need help and I feel like right now I haven't had anyone who I feel like I can go to and I think that's something I really need to be obedient to the Lord in seeking out, but also on the other hand being a mentor and discipler myself, so true! Oh Buhe, I love and miss you and wish I could have tea with you- keep an eye out in the mail- I wrote you a letter!

tif said...

my letter got to England already! Wow...the English postal system is fast (wasn't there a strike or something two years ago?) Thanks for the quote (Heather is so good with the quotes, isn't she?!)- it's so true- the Lord has never asked me to do anything He did not do in me- I don't know why I still always doubt He is able! But He is!